Special Issue „Advances in Scientific, Economic and Policy Analysis for Sustainable Development” – invitation
Special Issue Information
In research on agricultural and rural development, the problems related to the complexity of those issues and large-scale changes in the socio-economic conditions of development frequently arise. They involve many different problems that are often difficult to identify and quantify. This means that the data on socio-economic factors affecting agricultural and rural development has always two dimensions: quantitative and qualitative one. For these reasons, it can be concluded that the development cannot be measured but it can only be attempted to assess it based on various criteria. Multidimensional character of agricultural and rural development leads to various analyses and actions to point it in the right direction according to the local and central authorities’ expectations. Such actions involve development planning which means designing the most beneficial and necessary conditions and processes of agricultural and rural development in terms of future situation. Development planning requires establishing long-term plans that set development objectives, tasks, guidelines and priorities. Strategy and planning documents, i.e. plans, strategies or development programs are helpful in the process of obtaining additional, external sources of financing and are the foundation for obtaining financial aid resources from international organizations.
For these reasons, the purpose of this Special Issue is to provoke a scientific discussion and encourage scientists to give some thought to and modify paradigms of agricultural and rural development. What is more, this Special Issue also focuses on the methodological approaches to the study of conditions, changes and development possibilities in agriculture and rural areas. All kinds of scientific articles presenting results of original theoretical, empirical and methodical research as well as opinions and reviews are welcome.
Researchers are welcome to submit studies on the following key topics:
- contemporary concepts and strategies of agricultural and rural development,
- new prospects for agricultural and rural development,
- multifunctional and sustainable rural development,
- sustainable consuption,
- opportunities and risks for the inhabitants of rural areas,
- level, quality and living conditions of the rural inhabitants,
- programming of agricultural and rural development on a local and regional scale,
- new concepts of agriculture and rural development,
- technical and social infrastructure in rural areas,
- state and determinants of agricultural development,
- poverty and social exclusion in rural areas,
- concept of smart villages as a factor in rural development,
- economic, social and spatial aspects of modern agriculture,
- second home phenomenon,
- gentrification of rural areas,
- public finances and and their impact on rural development,
Other topics concerning social and economic aspects of agricultural and rural development are also welcome.
Dr. Sławomir Kalinowski
Dr. Aleksandra Łuczak
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI’s English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- sustainable development
- multifunctional rural development
- rural infrastructure
- determinants of sustainable development
- socio-economic factors and indices of rural development
- standard of living of rural inhabitants
- rural poverty and livelihoods
- rural–urban migration
- agricultural development planning
- rural development planning
- rural management
- development models of agriculture and rural areas
- smart villages
- sustainable consumption
- special branches of agriculture
- socioeconomics problems of rural areas